Need to do large scale fixed asset audit and you have to do it fast then Team Audit is what you need. Team Audit is designed for one-off use; it requires minimal training to use and any mix of its component parts is available from Assetware Technology on short term hire.
A central feature of Team Audit is that it is very simple to use. Simplicity is the key to low resource cost and high productivity. Team audit comprises of a mix of hardware & software components combined with an established methodology for asset audit projects. Assetware Technology can also provide consultancy, project management and staff resourcing services as part of the Team Audit solution.
At its core Team Audit is an asset scan, review & save application running on a fleet of robust handheld computers that return data to a central database. On top of the database is an application that provides management reports for controlling you audit project. It also provides formatted data export facilities so you can update your asset register with audit results.
Everything about Team Audit is designed for simplicity and speed. Most of the data entry in the field is performed by simply scanning predefined barcodes. Any additional data that might be required is captured on paper forms. Every written entry on a form will be linked to an asset barcode by scanning a reference code on the form. A written entry can be linked to multiple assets by rescanning the same reference code.
For each asset the audit process can as simple as:
- An auditor scans an asset’s barcode with the handheld computer. The handheld computer will display the asset’s details.
- Confirm that the displayed details match the asset the auditor has just scanned.
- Save the audit.
This quick Scan-Review-Save typically takes a few seconds.
An auditor will then spend most of their time moving between assets. In a typical office environment it will take around thirty to forty seconds to scan a common work station configuration of a desk, chair, filling cabinet, computer & screen. By contrast, a rack full of computer equipment might only take two seconds per asset if the asset barcodes are well positioned.
When additional data must be captured, the audit process is considerably slower. There are several options on how this data is captured which may be by using pre-printed sheets of defined asset issues and additions which enables the amount of data entry to be reduced. Assetware can help you designing these kinds of optimisations for your Team Audit project.
A team Audit project will require:
- A fleet of hand held computers complete with docking cradles and communications cables.
- The Team Audit application for the Handheld computers
- The Team Audit Control Centre application.
In addition your project may require a mix of the following optional components
- Laptop computers configured with as remote data collection points for the handheld devices. These also provide Sneakernet synchronization with the Control Centre Application.
- Modem equipped docking cradles for auditors working on remote sites.
- Laptops pre-configured with the Audit Control Centre application and the database populated with a extract from you existing asset register.
- A printer and the various pieces network equipment required to support the Team Audit Control Centre.
- Various equipment for the auditors to use such as clipboards, torches, walkie-talkies and USB memory sticks configured for use with the Team Audit sneakernet .
- An Asset Audit project methodology based on best practise developed by Assetware using over twenty years of experience.
- Human resources such as a project manager and auditors. Assetware has particular experience in providing specialist teams for work out of normal office hours.
For more information on Team Audit, please call +44(0)870 112 0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.